If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com, call 615-383-2800, or visit us in-store.
Department – Shipping & Receiving/Non-Selling
Hours per week: 20 hours/week – Part-Time
Brief overview: Maintain flow of merchandise in receiving and shipping accurately and efficiently. Receive, mark and prepare merchandise for retail floor. Manage deliveries with buyers and process vendor returns. Assist with inventory accuracy and bi-annual inventories. Assist with decorating store. Store maintenance.
- Receiving all merchandise
- Communicate with Sales Associates regarding special orders and new merchandise
- Perform building maintenance daily
- Responsible for all returns to vendors, track information and submit proper documentation to accounting for processing
- Maintain UPS database for accurate shipping
- Prepare and ship client alterations
- Communicate with management team regarding store needs or issues
Desired qualities, requirements, degrees, experience, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Previous work experience in retail receiving preferred
- Strong communication skills & organizational ability
- Enthusiastic & friendly, positive attitude
Applicants must be able to stand, walk, life, reach, squat – Lift 50 pounds, squat to pull items from floor/shelves/back stock areas, reach clothing and other items 7 feet high, climb ladders.
Skills needed, math, communication, computer, faxing, etc. – Computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook; Experience with retail inventory systems, manual inventories, etc.
Interacts with internally, externally – All employees.
Special Requirements – Basic operations of computers, steamers, tagging printers, and tagging guns. Reliable transportation to and from work. Basic understanding of shipping UPS/Fedex.